Employer: University of Otago (New Zealand)
Closing date: 16 th April
Brief position description: We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow (bioinformatician) to join a Genomics Aotearoa team working on human population epigenetics.
This position is funded by Genomics Aotearoa and will be co-located with Professor Greg Jones as part of the University of Otago’s Epigenetics Users Group. Genomics Aotearoa is a national network funded to improve capability in, and outcomes from, New Zealand Genomics.
This project provides an exciting opportunity, working with an outstanding network of biomedical scientists and clinicians, to generate epigenetic data and analysis tools to investigate a wide range of human health conditions.
Skills and Experience
• Applicants must have a PhD in bioinformatics or genomics.
• Prior experience in epigenetic analysis is preferable.
• Experience in large-scale/integrated bioinformatic analysis of large data sets.
• Programming languages (such as Python or C) and a high capability with R.
• Experience working with both sequence and beadchip array derived epigenome data is desirable.
• The ability to be an effective member of a technical training team is desirable.
This is a full-time, fixed term appointment for three years. The successful applicant will be expected to take up the position before June 2018.
Enquiries should be directed to Professor Greg Jones or Dr Aniruddha Chatterjee via the email addresses below.
How to apply
To submit your application please click the apply button below. Applications quoting reference number 1800511 will close on Monday, 16 April 2018.
Contact name: Aniruddha Chatterjee
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org