Closing date: Until filled
Brief position description: Microba is a new biotech company based in Brisbane providing the world's most accurate gut microbiome testing service direct to the public. We are a diverse skill set team of scientists, commercialisation experts, health practitioners, software developers, marketers and legal experts with a common goal to improve lives through a deeper understanding of the gut microbiome.
Microba is seeking a motivated Cloud Engineer to join the dynamic and hard-working bioinformatics and development teams. We transform trillions of raw DNA sequences into information representing communities of microorganisms living within people. The problems we tackle are challenging, fascinating, and at the forefront of science and IT technology, all within a commercial environment. As a rapidly expanding company, this is a greenfield role, and there is excellent scope for stamping your mark on our platform.
We are seeking a highly motivated, systematic individual with a positive approach to challenges. You will provide robust and skilled Linux VM and file server system administration, and also take the lead within the group to optimise our cloud infrastructure, data pipelines and disaster recovery systems. You will also have an interest in development, and ideally, an interest in bioinformatics. You are passionate about learning new technologies, then implementing and maintaining these within our environment.
This position offers competitive remuneration and an opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Option Plan.
Essential skills and experience:
- Expert Linux system administration (Ubuntu), file servers (NFS, Samba), networking, troubleshooting issues.
- Expert cloud optimisation (scale sets, VM load balancing, queuing systems eg RabbitMQ etc)
- Scripting skills (bash, python)
- Highly capable communicator and team player. Understands complex tasks and implements solutions fit for purpose.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience with bioinformatic tool sets, especially for whole genome sequencing.
- Dev ops experience with one or more cloud platforms (ideally Microsoft Azure and AWS), as well as automation tools eg. Chef, Puppet etc
- Experience with Docker.
- Further programming experience (eg java, C, web), with a desire to assist to development as time permits
- Efficiency/cost management cloud expertise
Job website: http://www.microba.com
Contact name: David Wood
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org