Employer: University of New South Wales
Closing date: April 8, 2018
Brief position description: Specific responsibilities for this role include:
• Analyses of canine genomes focusing on the Australian dingo.
• Bioinformatics and programing to determine genes under selection.
• Determination of basic population genetic parameters.
• Maintain an accurate and well-kept laboratory notebook.
• Assist with preparation of animal ethics protocols.
• Other relevant duties as required by the supervisor.
• Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
• PhD in a relevant field.
• Demonstrated experience in mammalian genomics.
• Demonstrated experience in population genetics.
• Demonstrated experience in bioinformatics or basic programming.
• Excellent organisational, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and publish research findings.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and at times with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.