Employer: Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute
Closing date: 15 August 2018
Brief position description: We are seeking to hire a talented and enthusiastic individual as a Full Faculty member (Assistant or Associate Professor level) to lead an independent research laboratory in the area of bioinformatics, computational biology, statistical genetics or a related discipline that focuses on one or more of the following areas, closely linked with experimental science within the VCCRI: whole genome sequencing analysis, single-cell transcriptomics, disease gene discovery, drug discovery, biomedical imaging, metabolomics, structural biology, and systems biology.
The successful applicant will be expected to develop or continue a vigorous independent research program, secure and maintain extramural research funding, form collaborative projects with other faculty within the Institute and participate in graduate and postdoctoral training.
What we offer:
- An attractive remuneration package commensurate with your skills experience and qualifications. This position is appointed for a period of five years, renewable.
- Generous start-up funds, laboratory and office space will be provided.
- Eligibility for an academic appointment at the University of New South Wales
- State of the art facilities
- Collaborative team environment
- Stimulating work setting focused on cutting edge medical research
PhD/DPhil/MD in the fields of bioinformatics, computational biology, statistical genetics, or a related discipline.
Candidates will have an outstanding record of peer-reviewed publications, and evidence of leadership potential. Candidates will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong interest in innovative and interdisciplinary research. Essential is a leadership style that promotes a co-operative culture throughout the Laboratory and that allows collaboration within the Institute and wider community.
Contact name: Maria Voukenas
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org