This notice is to advise you of the upcoming annual general meeting of the members of Australian Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Society Inc. The details of this meeting are as follows:
Date: 2nd November, 2016
Time: 1pm-2pm AEST
Queensland University of Technology (Gardens Point Campus)
2 George St, Brisbane City, Queensland, 4000
Meeting to be held in Room GP-P514 (same location as conference).
At the meeting, members will be asked to vote on:
- Accepting the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting
- Accepting the annual report
- Accepting the annual financial statements
- Proposed resolutions (set the number of ordinary members on the executive committee; setting of membership fees)
- Election of committee members
Nomination form (linked):
- Nominations for positions must be completed using the linked approved nomination form and received no later than COB on the 25th of October, 2016.
A number of resolutions will be proposed.
The following resolution will be proposed to set annual membership fees commencing in 2017 (Resolution 1).
Resolution 1: The annual subscription (membership) and joining fee shall be set at $80 for professional members and $30 for student/unemployed members. The date of payment of the annual subscription fee shall be set to 1st of January 2017, in the first year, and 1st of January for all subsequent years.
Under the current rules of association, we have to vote at each AGM to set the number of ordinary members on the executive committee. The proposal is to continue with the same number as previously. Three resolutions are proposed to vote on the inclusion of a Student Representative (Resolution 2), an Early Career Researcher Representative (Resolution 3), and two ordinary members (Resolution 4).
Resolution 2: Include a Student Representative as an ordinary member of the ABACBS committee in accordance with Model Rule 53 (1).
Resolution 3: Include an Early Career Researcher Representative as an ordinary member in the ABACBS committee in accordance with Model Rule 53 (1).
Resolution 4: Include two additional ordinary members in the ABACBS committee in accordance with Model Rule 53 (1).
In anticipation of the resolutions being passed, a nomination form for the positions proposed in the above mentioned resolutions (Student Representative, Early Career Representative, or ordinary members) must be received prior to the meeting to be valid and received no later than COB the 25th of October, 2016.
Proxy appointment (as per linked proxy appointment):
- A member may appoint another member as proxy using the approved proxy form linked to be received no later than COB the 31st of October, 2016.
- You may appoint the returning officer who will be appointed during the AGM to run the election to hold your proxy vote.
If you have any additional questions, please feel to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org