ABACBS-2017 National Conference
and COMBINE Student Symposium 2017
The 2017 Australian Bioinformatics & Computational Biology Society (ABACBS) annual conference and the Combine Student Symposium will be held at the South Australian Health & Medical Research Institute (www.sahmri.org) in Adelaide, November 13-15 2017. The meeting will showcase the cutting edge of research in the field through an excellent program of invited international and national speakers, and selected oral and poster presentations. The ABACBS conference will be followed on Thursday November 16 and Friday November 17 by an ABACBS education and training workshop and a Bioconductor workshop (running in parallel).
MONDAY 13TH NOVEMBER - COMBINE STUDENT SYMPOSIUM
MONDAY 13TH NOVEMBER 6pm - Prof. Des Higgins ABACBS CONFERENCE KEYNOTE OPENING LECTURE
TUESDAY 14TH - WEDNESDAY 15TH NOVEMBER - ABACBS CONFERENCE
THURSDAY 16TH - FRIDAY 17TH NOVEMBER - Satellite events
2-DAY EDUCATION AND TRAINING WORKSHOPS
Abstract submission deadline (including travel bursary application): Friday October 13th 5pm AEST.
Early bird registration rates also close: Friday October 13th 5pm AEST*.
Standard registration closes: Friday October 27th 5pm AEST*. Due to catering requirements registration will not be possible after this date.
* We reserve the right to close registration early if we reach the maximum occupancy rate of the venue. There is a limit of 128 tickets for the conference dinner.
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology involves the use of methods and approaches from mathematics, statistics and computer science to analyse and interpret biological data. It is a young discipline, but in an age where biology and medicine are increasingly becoming “Big Data” subjects, bioinformatics is already critical to enabling and driving basic, biomedical and clinical research in Australia and worldwide. The goal of the annual ABACBS conference and Combine student symposium is to bring together Australian bioinformatics and computational biology researchers, along with leaders from the international community, to foster and grow bioinformatics as a discipline in Australia. In 2017 this conference will be held in South Australia, at the Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI) located in the heart of Adelaide’s new biomedical precinct.
The meeting will:
- Showcase the cutting edge of research in the field through an excellent program of invited international and national speakers, as well as the latest and best research in the field in Australia.
- Support early-career researchers to develop their careers in this exciting and new field.
- Provide an opportunity for the Australian bioinformatics community to form new collaborations with each other and with international participants accelerating research in the field.
- Promote gender equity in the field
Planned sessions include Clinical Genomics, Bioinformatics Software and Methods, Systems and Network Biology, Cancer, Infection & Immunity and Plant and Animal Genomics
The 2016 annual conference was held in Brisbane and attracted more than 280 participants, which is the largest audience of quantitative bio-scientists in Australia. We invite you to join us in Adelaide for this exciting, fun and informative meeting.