Annual General Meeting 2017
This notice is to advise you of the upcoming annual general meeting of the members of Australian Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Society Inc. The meeting will be open to all members, but only financial members are entitled to vote or stand for election to committee positions.
The details of this meeting are as follows:
Date: 15th November, 2017
Time: 1pm-2pm ACDT
South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute
Auditorium, Ground level
North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
At the meeting, members will be asked to vote on:
- Accepting the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting
- Accepting the annual report & annual financial statements
- A number of special resolutions to change to the constitution
- The membership fee for the next financial year
- Election of executive committee members
Documents related to AGM
- Paper detailing the Special Resolutions and the proposed changes to the constitution
- Proxy voting form (bring the completed paper form to the AGM or submit electronically by emailing the completed form to email@example.com up to 24 hours prior to the AGM (by 1pm ACDT, Nov 14)).
- Nomination form (now closed)
- Statements by candidates (uploaded as they are received)
- Minutes of the 2016 AGM
- Annual Report for 2016-2017
- Financial Statement for 2016-2017
Nominations for election to the executive committee
Nominations can be made by submitting the nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations must be submitted by November 8. In line with the society rules, you must have been be a financial member for at least 10 working days to be eligible to vote or nominate.
Candidates will be provided with an opportunity to submit a written statement in support of their election. These will be emailed to members prior to the election.
The printed and completed proxy form can be brought to the AGM or proxies can be submitted electronically by emailing the completed proxy form to email@example.com up to 24 hours before the AGM (by Nov 14, 1pm ACDT).
October 25: Notice of AGM
October 31: Deadline for new financial members to be eligible to vote (or nominate) at the AGM.
November 8: Nominations close.
November 11: Deadline for written statements from candidates (due by midday AEDT).
November 12: Additional papers to be posted: Annual Report, Financial Report, Minutes of the 2016 AGM.
November 13: COMBINE Student Symposium.
November 14, 1pm ACDT: Deadline for proxies to be submitted electronically or bring the completed form to the AGM.
November 13-15: ABACBS-2017.
November 15, 1pm ACDT: AGM
If you have any additional questions, please feel to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.